Excel in scholarship, education, and engagement in the liberal arts, advancing the values of a ‘land-grant’ research university contributing to the progress of a diverse society.
- Excellence in the arts, humanities, and social sciences, , as well as at their intersections with disciplines across the University, fulfilling the College’s foundational role at a ‘land-grant’ research university.
- A diverse student body from all walks of life with access to affordable undergraduate and graduate education for evolving, challenging, and meaningful careers.
- Distinction in research, scholarship, and creative activity with high achievements and advances.
- Sustained integrity of the College’s varied undergraduate and graduate educational programs encompassing the arts, humanities, and social sciences including STEM disciplines, and interdisciplinary programs.
- Demonstrable creative and critical thinking, plus leadership skills to serve as global citizens in a diverse world and demonstrate intercultural understanding. .
- Pervasive culture of diversity and inclusion among faculty, staff, and students that are valued and nurtured toward individual and collective success.
- Contributions to professional communities and society, responding to our land-grant commitment to develop broadly educated citizens prepared to self-govern and developing engaging partnerships offering access to the College’s scholarship and educational programs.
Leadership in Advancing Liberal Arts
Emerge as an innovative and effective leader in advancing liberal arts scholarship, education, and creative activity.
- Path-breaking transformative research, scholarship, and creative activity by faculty who are thought-leaders in their disciplines and who advance the liberal arts garnering national and international recognition.
- Exceptional undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts, with pedagogical innovations that are effective, acknowledged, cited, endorsed, and emulated by peers.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure supporting faculty, staff, and students in each discipline to support innovation as a driving force for the College toward growth and prestige.
- Recognition as an exemplar of diversity and inclusion at a land-grant institution, with its culture continually enhanced by stimulating programs and focused initiatives.
- Interdisciplinary interactions of faculty in scholarship and educational programs—within the College, with disciplines across the University, and with external partners— demonstrating effective leadership in holistically addressing society’s grand challenges.
- Student recruitment, advising, career services, and engagement in service learning that are recognized and emulated by peers.
- Strategic marketing and communication advancing the ‘story’ of the College and its people among peers to help elevate awareness and reputation of the College both on- and off-campus.
- Impactful contributions by the College in fostering lifelong learning for national and global audiences in the contemporary spirit of a land-grant institution.