External Scholarship Opportunities
2020 Indiana Broadcasters Foundation - Apply Here
Application Deadline: February 7
The IBF will award $50,000 in scholarships to deserving students.
Applicant must be a current, full-time college student with plans to continue as a full-time college student in the 2020 fall semester.
Student applicant must have an overall 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
Official transcripts from the college or university are required to be submitted with this application.
Applicant must be a resident of the State of Indiana.
Applicants must be actively participating in a college broadcast facility or be working/interning for a commercial/public broadcast facility while attending an IBA Member Educational Institution.
Applications will be judged in large part upon overall academic performance, specific work in broadcasting (in and out of school), and essay quality.
The Lagrant Foundation Scholarship - Apply Here
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020 at 8 p.m. EST
Thirty (30) undergraduate scholarship recipients will receive a trip to New York City, New York where they will participate in career building activities including a welcome dinner with a keynote speaker, two daylong career & professional development workshops and a scholarship & donor recognition reception.
Undergraduate (current freshmen, sophomores, juniors and non-graduating seniors ONLY!) applicants meeting the following criteria and completing the application will be considered for The LAGRANT Foundation (TLF) scholarship in the amount of $2,500:
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or DACA recipient
- Must be a member of one of the following ethnic groups: African American/Black, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American/Alaska Native
- Must be a full-time student at a four-year, accredited institution within the U.S., carrying a total of 12 units or more per semester/quarter
- *Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (if you do not meet this requirement, please see the application checklist at link above)
- MUST major in a field of study that has an emphasis on advertising, marketing or public relations
- Must have at least one year to complete his/her degree from the time the scholarships are awarded in May 2020
- Recipients MUST be available to participate in the scholarship activities from May 17-20, 2020. If chosen, the applicant MUST attend TLF's scholarship activities to receive the scholarship. The applicant must make a one-year commitment to maintain contact with TLF to receive professional guidance and academic support.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Each year, the Indianapolis Press Club Foundation works in partnership with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to provide three Hoosier undergraduate college journalism students with cash awards totaling more than $3,000.
The Last Row Party scholarship awards are presented at the Last Row Party on May 21, 2020 at IMS’s Pagoda.
- RULES: Open to undergraduate student journalists.
- ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be full-time students, pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited Indiana college or university.
- ENTRY INFORMATION: Submit two samples of work published between Jan. 1, 2019 and Dec. 31, 2019. Each story should be no more than 1500 words in length. Please submit entries by email to: email@example.com
The email subject line should have: Contestant’s last name & the category you are entering -- news, features or sports. Please make sure your name is on each submitted story as well as the publication date and that the entry is in at least a nine-point font when printed out on an 8½ by 11-inch paper. No double bylines will be considered. Please submit two stories for each category you enter.
When attaching your two stories to the email, they should be labeled accordingly: [contestant’s last name] – Story #1 and [contestant’s last name] – Story #2.
You should receive an automatic response, confirming that your entry was received. If you do NOT receive an automatic response, your entry was not received or was received past the 11:59 p.m. EST deadline.
We hope to pick the winners by mid-March.
- CATEGORIES: Students may enter stories in more than one category but must enter two stories in each category. Only stories can be entered in the contest. Opinion pieces and columns will not be considered.
- Deadline News: Stories produced under deadline pressure and published in student media or a commercial news organization.
- Feature Writing: Feature stories published in student media or a commercial news organization.
- Sports Writing: Sports feature or news stories published in student media or a commercial news organization.
Questions should be directed via email or by phone to: Jenny Labalme at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-701-1130.