Jewish Studies Prize
*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***
The Edward Simon Essay Prize in Jewish Studies
2019 - 2020 Jewish Studies Essay PrizeThe 2019-2020 Edward Simon Essay Prize in Jewish Studies competition is now underway and open to all undergraduates at Purdue University. The deadline for entries for the 2019-2020 prize is Tuesday, April 14, 2020. Here are the guidelines:
1. The contest entry must be original work and come from a student who is an undergraduate at the time the entry is initially prepared. All fields in Jewish Studies, as well as all methodologies and approaches, are included.
2. Each entry should indicate the name of the author, standing at the University at the time of submission (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior), and academic major. Please also include an email address and phone number where you can be reached during the summer, as well as local Purdue addresses.
3. Faculty may, at their discretion, nominate entries.
4. An individual may submit no more than two (2) entries.
5. A typed or word-processed, double-spaced format is preferable for all written work submitted. Entries must be clean (free from extraneous marking), neat, and proofread for mistakes.
6. Entries may be submitted to the Director of the Jewish Studies Program or to the Jewish Studies Office, room 6166, BRNG. The Jewish Studies office is open weekly (Monday through Friday) from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Telephone: (765) 494-7965, email: email@example.com. Additional copies of this announcement are available at the Jewish Studies office.
7. The author of the prize-winning essay will deliver the essay as a public lecture in the Jewish Studies Noon Lecture and Discussion Series in the Fall term immediately following notification of the award.
8. Any questions should be referred to the Jewish Studies Program office.