The Purdue Theatre Guild History
The Purdue Theatre Guild, created in 1977, was the brainchild of Professor Dale Miller during his tenure as Director of Theatre. He envisioned the Guild as a mechanism for raising funds to help defray the costs of production needs not covered by available university budgets and subsidies.
The Guild began with a very generous initial donation by the late Mr. and Mrs. Robert Horton (Mr. Horton was Professor Emeritus at Krannert School of Management). The late Mrs. Beverlie Maynard was also a major benefactor during the early years of the Guild.
Many members have been active in the Guild for over twenty-five years. They include:
Tom and Winnie Adler
Mrs. Anna Berkovitz
Gary and Kathy Hendricks
Christoph and Karen Hoffmann
Dr. Dean Hunter
Dean and Lucille Knudsen
Fred and Andrea Kuipers
Marc and Judy Loudon
George and Linda McCabe
David and Isobel Miller
Jo Ann Mullen
Dennis and Jane Richmond
George and Marlaya Wyncott
The Purdue Theatre Guild is an ongoing effort by the Department of Theatre in partnership with dedicated patrons and friends of the theatre. Funds generated by the Guild are used to support the educational mission of the Department of Theatre through special events, travel support, and scholarships.
Contributions by the Purdue Theatre Guild support the following initiatives, events, and programming:
- $20,000 in Emerging Artist Scholarships
- Guest Artists and Speakers
- Opening Night Receptions
- Beginning-of-the-Year Purdue Theatre “Callout” (informational meeting)
- Recruiting Activities, Travel, and Materials
- Instructional Equipment and Support
- Advertising for Academic Programs
- Transportation for students to attend theatre-related events in Chicago and Indianapolis
- Departmental memberships in the National Association of Schools of Theatre, University/Resident Theatre Association, United States Institute for Theatre Technology, etc.
- Hosting visiting alumni and prospective students interviewing for graduate school at Purdue
Levels of Support
- Angel $1,000 and up
- Patron $500-$999
- Sponsor $250-$499
- Friends $100-$249
- Supporting Player $30-$99
- Fan $5-$29
To Become a Member of the Purdue Theatre Guild
To make a tax-deductible contribution to the Purdue Theatre Guild, send a check made payable to the Purdue Foundation to the following address:
Yue-Kong Pao Hall of Visual and Performing Arts
552 W. Wood Street
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-2002
Please indicate “Theatre Guild” in the For/Memo line of your check. For our records, please include a note with a phone number and/or email address.
Select your gift amount
In Gift Details click to view campus, college, school and university-wide gift funds.
Scroll down to College of Liberal Arts
Click arrow on right side
Check on Purdue Theatre