Purdue Presentation Center
The Lamb School’s Purdue Presentation Center is here to help any students with any aspects of preparing for or delivering a presentation. Our experienced tutors can help with any stage of the presentation process, including:
- exploring topics
- building a research plan
- integrating evidence into a presentation
- providing proper citation in written and verbal formats
- organizing and outlining presentation content
- creating effective visual aids to support ideas
- developing strategies for effective delivery
- practicing presentation delivery
- helping with virtual presentations
- helping with masked delivery.
The focus of the Presentation is on oral presentations and oral delivery. We recommend that students who are struggling with grammar while writing a presentation visit the Writing Lab.
You can schedule 30-minute appointments online by logging in to Boiler Connect here. (If you have difficulty, you may need to use Firefox as your browser.) Due to high demand, students are limited to two, 30-minute appointments per week.
Boiler Connect Instructions:
When using Boiler Connect, select “Make an Appointment” and follow the series of drop-down boxes. Select Academic Support/Coaching > Purdue Presentation Center > Presentation Consultation > Purdue Presentation Center > You will then be asked to choose between a virtual and in-person appointment, and given several available appointment times from which to choose.
The Purdue Presentation Center is located in Beering (BRNG) rooms 2294 and 2296 – just follow the signs near the main office of the Lamb School on the second floor. Virtual meetings are held on Zoom and you will receive a Zoom link from your PPC advisor via email before your appointment.
For the Fall 2021 semester, the PPC will still be open for both in-person and virtual appointments. For virtual appointments we use Zoom video conferencing. For in-person appointments appropriate physical distancing and masking protocol will be observed. The PPC is currently available by appointment only. All appointments need to be made at least 12 hours in advance. There are 3 easy steps to setting up your PPC virtual appointment:
- Register for an appointment using BoilerConnect and the instructions listed above.
- For Virtual Appointments: Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email from a PPC attendant with a link to the virtual meeting room if you are using a virtual appointment.
- For In-Person Appointments: At your designated appointment time use the link to start your virtual appointment or, for an in-person appointment, arrive at the PPC at BRNG 2294 and 2296. Be sure to wear your facemask according to Protect Purdue guidelines!
There are a wide range of services and resources available for you in your PPC virtual meeting. PPC attendants can provide feedback, review visual aids, frameworks, outlines, and give advice for your presentation. Through screen sharing, you will be able to share outlines, slide decks, other visual aids, or anything created with the PPC attendants.
The PPC virtual appointment requires you have the following technology equipment or computer features: microphone, Internet connection, and a video camera.
To verify attendance for your instructor, please request that your PPC attendant send you a verification email.