Living in D.C.
KEY DATES & REQUIREMENTS
Boilers Go to D.C. Summer Scholars Internship Program
Live, Learn, and Intern in D.C.
Spend summer 2024 in Washington, D.C., the epicenter of policy and innovation. Earn academic credit with an internship in government, non-profit, or private sector. Enjoy professional development training. Receive career readiness one-on-one mentoring with Purdue D.C. Alumni.
ALUMNI & FRIENDS – GET INVOLVED
ADDITIONAL D.C. PROGRAMS
Summer Semester For-Credit Course
- Earn course credit while you learn
- 9-weeks to live and learn in Washington, D.C.
- No pre-requisites
Safe and Affordable Housing
- Conveniently located housing with other Purdue University students from across academic fields.
- Apartment style housing fully furnished with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, living room, Wi-Fi, onsite amenities – 2 students per bedroom.
- Housing cost will be included in the course fee.
- Career Readiness Sessions and Resources
- Pre-Departure sessions will provide resources, tips and strategies to help you find a D.C. internship and prepare for your internship.
- 1st week bootcamp in D.C. with include site visits, guest speakers, and an alumni networking event.
Alumni Mentorship Program
- You will be matched with an alumni mentor in the field of your interest.
- Alumni mentor provides career advice and guidance that will help you find an internship and get the most out of your time in D.C.
- Mentor pairs will meet each month Jan-May and will meet every other week Jun-Aug.
- Mentorship training and meeting discussion topics will be provided.
SEND A BOILER TO D.C.
The BGDC program gives Boilermakers the chance to tour our country’s most historic monuments, connect with alumni, and take a political communication course taught by C-SPAN founder and Purdue alumnus Brian Lamb.
Due to financial barriers, not every student who qualifies for this once-in-a-lifetime experience is able to participate.
By making a gift to the BGDC program, you can join the Center for C-SPAN Scholarship and Engagement in encouraging students to participate in the political process and learn about the role government plays in their lives.
To ensure more Purdue University students have the chance to experience the Boilers Go to D.C. program, the Center for C-SPAN Scholarship & Engagement helps provide Boilermakers in need with scholarship opportunities.
Please visit the following page for specific eligibility.