Call for Papers
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES
KEY DATES & REQUIREMENTS
Alice M. and David A. Caputo Undergraduate Research Award
The Alice M. and David A. Caputo Undergraduate Research Award was created and designed to encourage and reward Purdue undergraduate students for research using the C-SPAN video library. David A. Caputo was a long-term member of the Purdue Political Science Department and was instrumental in the creation of the C-SPAN Archives.
Key Dates & Requirements:
The research proposal must include:
- an abstract of proposed research not to exceed five pages
- abstract must indicate how the C-SPAN Video Library will be used
- undergraduate researcher’s current resume
- a letter of support from the faculty member addressed to Robert Browning, Faculty Director, Center for C-SPAN Scholarship & Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed research proposals must be sent to Robert Browning, Faculty Director at email@example.com.
- All proposals must be submitted by December 1, 2023.
Eligibility & Rules:
Student Researcher must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student during the time that the research is conducted
- Work under the supervision of a College of Liberal Arts (CLA) faculty mentor to create and conduct original research and write the final paper
- Produce a finished research paper
Present their research paper to an audience of scholars or in an appropriate classroom setting
Research paper presentation should be approximately 15 minutes
Examples of acceptable presentation opportunities include:
- Purdue Undergraduate Research Conference hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Research
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
- CCSE Research Conference
- Midwest Political Science Association
- Political Science course (prior approval of CCSE Faculty Director required)
- Explore publishing opportunities for the research paper
Call for Papers
The Center for C-SPAN Scholarship & Engagement (CCSE) is calling for undergraduate research paper proposals that use C-SPAN Video Library content including video, audio, text, or indexes to conduct original research in the social sciences. This research award is offered to eligible students at Purdue University West Lafayette campus.