- Purpose: The Gordon R. Mork Scholarship was established by the family of Professor Emeritus Gordon R. Mork to honor his passion for teaching and research during his 40 years in the Department of History. The scholarship is to enhance and encourage history students in their educational pursuits at Purdue University.
- Criteria and selection: Selected by the Undergraduate Committee appointed by the Head of the Department of History, all with the approval of the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, the student must be an undergraduate history major in his or her junior year (5th or 6th semester). The eligible student must be an Indiana resident and have a program (major) index of at least 3.3 and a graduation index of at least 3.0.
- Application material: Applicant must submit a transcript, a résumé or curriculum vitae, and a one-page (double-spaced) essay discussing academic goals both generally and with respect to the major.
- Award: The recipient receives a generous fee reimbursement in the following fall semester.
- Contact: Tara Saunders, Academic Program Manager, Purdue University, Department of History, 672 Oval Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2087.
- Deadline: Materials must be received by the Academic Program Manager by February 1.