Who we are: We are a leading edge program teaching students how to use anthropological knowledge and skills to make change in the world. Our students learn ways of doing anthropology that prepare them to work on the issues about which they care most.
What we offer: We provide an innovative and forward-looking education for careers in practice and to create thought-leaders for addressing global grand challenges. You can pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree for accomplishing your goals. We specialize in training:
- Professional anthropological practitioners
- Academics with a deep familiarity with practice and application
What makes Purdue distinctive: Our setting is a large, research-intensive university with a public service mission. Anthropology students have the opportunity to work closely with others in our nationally-ranked programs in science, engineering, agriculture and technology. You will learn to work with and communicate for diverse audiences –and how to achieve shared goals.
Through our innovative curriculum and new “Space for Practice” instructional lab, students will:
- gain solid training in methods and theory, with practice-oriented field experience
- apply skills in hands-on, project based learning
- find internships in your areas of interest
- exhibit skills to potential employers/collaborators
- network with and learn from practitioners in a wide range of settings
- manage your job search
- design long-lasting and impactful careers
Contact Us: Join us in a dynamic program preparing social scientists for today and tomorrow’s world. For more information about applied/practicing anthropology, contact Dr. Sherylyn Briller, Graduate Director at email@example.com or 765-494-4683.
To learn more about the ecological and environmental work our faculty are involved in, visit www.envanthro.com.