Online MS in Communication: Admissions Criteria and Dates
|Semester||Application Deadline||Start of Classes|
|Summer 2023||April 7th, 2023||May 1st, 2023|
|Fall 2023||July 28th, 2023||August 21st, 2023|
|Spring 2024||December 8th, 2023||January 8th, 2024|
Applicants ideally have experience working in industry and a GPA of 3.0 or higher, however, all application materials are reviewed holistically. Admissions decisions are based on individual experience and the applicant’s fit with the program.
- Online Application
- Apply using the following campus and program information:
- Campus: Purdue West Lafayette
- Course Delivery: Distance (online or off-campus location)
- Statement of Purpose
- 300-500 words, see below for prompts
- This may include a description of your interest in Purdue and this specific program, how your skills and abilities align with the program, professional plans, and career goals.
- 2-3 recommenders are required
- Recommenders can be both academic and professional
- Names and emails of recommenders will be submitted within the online application. Recommenders will be contacted with instructions on how to upload their letters of recommendation to the application portal.
- Official Transcripts
- Transcripts are required from all institutions attended, including potential graduate level transfer credits
- International students should review the Documents Required by Country page to see what additional materials may be required
- Submit eTranscripts directly from your institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail official, unopened transcripts to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Purdue University Graduate School
155 South Grant Street, YONG 170
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- 1 – 2 pages in length, recommended
- Include academic and professional experiences
- English Proficiency Scores (International Applicants Only)
- Additional information can be found on the Graduate School website
- Application Fee
- Fee of $60 is required for domestic students, $75 for international
Statement of Purpose Assistance
Please respond to the following prompts to facilitate our evaluation of your application. One to two paragraphs for each prompt should be sufficient to address our questions.
- How has your professional background to date prepared you to study at the graduate-level at Purdue University?
- How has your academic background prepared you to study at the graduate-level at Purdue University?
- What strategies will you use to ensure you have the time and flexibility to proactively engage course requirements in our program?
- How is the curriculum in our program aligned with your personal and professional goals?
- What else should we know about you that will help us assess your application?