Master’s in Corporate Training and Communication
Master Corporate Training and Communication skills to Boost Your Career
Purdue University’s online master’s degree in Corporate Training and Communication is designed to teach professionals how to design, analyze, and lead effective corporate training strategies in a variety of different organizational contexts. The program emphasizes the uses of strategic communication and instructional design and technology in corporate training and development.
This 100% online master’s degree was designed with professional students in mind — the flexibility of the program empowers students to master educational and communication tools without putting their careers on hold. The online master’s in corporate training and communication is an innovative collaboration between the College of Education’s MS in Learning Design and Technology and the Brian Lamb School of Communication’s MS in Communication. Graduates receive an interdisciplinary master’s from the Purdue Graduate School.
Gain Practical Knowledge to Increase Training Effectiveness
Students in the program will graduate ready to create optimal corporate learning materials with an emphasis on the latest tools, techniques, strategies, and processes for educational training. There are many career opportunities in corporate training and communication, which means graduates will find opportunities across industries, from corporations and nonprofit organizations to the military and government. Learning advanced corporate training skills will make professionals an asset to any company or organization, increase their earning potential, and boost their job security.
Learning objectives include:
- Develop communication plans to engage organizational stakeholders
- Implement messaging strategies to achieve organizational objectives
- Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of communication campaigns
- Evaluate communication and social technologies to support corporate communication needs
- Respond effectively to organizational issues and crises through communication
- Compare and contrast the contributions of various learning theories to the field of instructional design
- Identify and describe the basic components within various motivational theories and their impact upon the learning process
- Select appropriate principles derived from given theories and apply those within practical learning situations
- Understand and implement instructional and learning theory relevant to creating effective e-learning
- Propose and/or develop relevant intervention strategies (instructional or non-instructional) to issues presented in a case situation that are consistent with arguments and evidence presented
- Identify and apply key characteristics of expert problem solving to ill-structured instructional design problems.
Students can transfer their credits from the Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication Management or from the Graduate Certificate in Communication and Leadership to the Master of Corporate Training and Communication in Graduate Studies degree.