Master Corporate Training and Communication to Boost Your Career
Training and learning new skills in professional environments will undoubtedly be essential as we face new challenges. Purdue University’s online Master’s Degree in Graduate Studies in Corporate Training and Communication is designed to teach professionals charged with communicating and leading training efforts in a variety of organizations and contexts. The degree emphasizes the uses of strategic communication and of instructional design and technology in corporate training and development.
Purdue University’s 100% online master’s program is designed for industry professionals seeking to transform their organizations through enhanced educational and communication practices focused on improving workplace effectiveness.
The online Master’s in Corporate Training and Communication represents a unique interdisciplinary collaboration between two of Purdue University’s premier graduate programs: College of Education’s MS in Learning Design and Technology and Brian Lamb School of Communication's MS in Communication. Through this collaboration, students will be prepared to offer leadership at the intersection of internal strategic communication and learning technologies to promote employee performance and adaptability to changing environments.
Gain Practical Knowledge to Train Your Employees
Purdue’s online Master’s Degree in Corporate Training and Communication is a degree with an entirely new focus. It is designed to prepare professionals to design, implement, assess, and evaluate training and communication effectiveness in the corporate environment. Students will graduate ready to create optimal learning materials integrating technology, and with strong communication skills that are needed and valued in every industry.
You will gain vital knowledge through courses covering current best practices in communication across cross-functional teams, with an emphasis on the latest tools, techniques, strategies, and processes for educational training. This innovative program from Purdue University equips you to adapt in today’s rapidly changing environment, giving you a firm understanding of tools and platforms available for today’s corporate dynamic.
While the emphasis is on corporate training and communication, there are a wide variety of settings in need of your new skills, which means you'll find opportunities across industries, from corporations and nonprofit organizations to the military and government. Students will become an important asset to any organization that values growth and productivity — improving job security and enhancing earning potential after graduation.
The learning objectives include those from both the communication and education components:
- Develop communication plans to engage organizational stakeholders
- Implement messaging strategies to achieve organizational objectives
- Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of communication campaigns
- Evaluate communication and social technologies to support corporate communication needs
- Respond effectively to organizational issues and crises through communication
- Compare and contrast the contributions of various learning theories to the field of instructional design
- Identify and describe the basic components within various motivational theories and their impact upon the learning process
- Select appropriate principles derived from given theories and apply those within practical learning situations
- Understand and implement instructional and learning theory relevant to creating effective e-learning
- Propose and/or develop relevant intervention strategies (instructional or non-instructional) to issues presented in a case situation that are consistent with arguments and evidence presented
- Identify and apply key characteristics of expert problem solving to ill-structured instructional design problems
The courses are taught by the same faculty and instructors as Purdue’s other programs, leaders in the fields of communication and education, learning design and emerging educational technology. The curriculum is research based, emphasizes current best practices in communication and education, and highlights the latest tools, techniques, strategies, and processes.
The online Master’s Degree in Corporate Training and Communication offers added flexibility allowing current working professionals to fit the courses into their lives where and when it is most feasible.
Students can transfer their credits from the Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication Management or from the Graduate Certificate in Communication and Leadership to the Master of Science in Corporate Training and Communication.