Admission: Communication and Leadership Certification
|Semester||Application Deadline||Start of Classes|
|Spring 2024||December 8th, 2023||January 8th, 2024|
|Summer 2024||April 5th, 2024||April 29th , 2024|
The following information will assist you in completing your graduate school application and preparing documents that support your application.
Create an application account to start your graduate school application.
Login to the Graduate School application using your account credentials.
CAMPUS AND PROGRAM
CAMPUS AND PROGRAM
- CAMPUS: Select Purdue West Lafayette (PWL)
- PROPOSED GRADUATE MAJOR: Select Communication
- AREA OF INTEREST: Select (not required)
- DEGREE OBJECTIVE: Select one (1) of the following:
- Master of Science (MS)
- Strategic Communication Management Graduate Certificate
- Communication and Leadership Graduate Certificate
- COURSE DELIVERY METHOD: Select Distance (online or off-campus location)
- SUPPLEMENTAL FORM (not required)
- EMPLOYMENT & OTHER HISTORY (most current first)
- Academic Statement of Purpose An essay is required for all applicants. Your statement is an opportunity for you to share information that will help reviewers understand your academic interests and objectives, assess your academic background, preparation, and training, and determine if you are a good match for the program to which you are applying.
- Personal History Statement An essay is required for all applicants. Your statement is an opportunity to help reviewers learn more about you as a whole person and as a potential graduate student. This may include relevant details on community service, leadership roles, participation in diverse teams, and significant barriers that you overcame to attend graduate school.
Your resume should provide the admissions committee with more information than what’s included in the application and focus on what they need to know to better evaluate your admission. The graduate resume is different than a job search resume.
Job search resumes are designed to get you an interview; graduate school resumes are designed to enhance your application and provide yet another opportunity to sell yourself.
The resume is not limited to one-page in length (two pages is fine, though contact info must be on both pages). Separate your work and non-work experiences into different sections. Include all your experiences – not just the ones targeting a specific job.
Some of the most commonly included categories in a graduate school resume are:
Objective, Education, Academic Experience/Highlights, Employment, Volunteer, Community, and/or Extra-Curricular Involvement, Certifications/Professional Development
INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
RECOMMENDATIONS (two (2) required)
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS (international only)
REVIEW (correct any errors prior to submitting)
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
PAY APPLICATION FEE: $60 domestic/$75 international
Pay the nonrefundable application fee by credit card.
APPLICATION FEE WAIVERS
To see the Graduate School application waivers criteria, visit https://www.purdue.edu/gradschool/admissions/how-to-apply/apply-fee.html.
Submit an official transcript for every institution of higher education attended. You must submit either a hard-copy to the address listed below or an e-transcript (sent by the University’s Registrar department services) to email@example.com.
You may also opt in on your application for the Parchment transcript retrieval service at no extra charge. Note: Not all institutions participate in this service.
Transcripts not written in English must be submitted with their original language and a certified English translation from your institution along with your diploma in the original and English translation.
Uploaded documents must be in the original version of the academic
record/transcript: unofficial transcripts are not accepted. Social Security numbers must be marked out before uploading.
If the degree/date awarded is not listed on the transcript, a copy of the original diploma must be made and verified by one of the following: the institution that issued the diploma, the employer, an official such as a lawyer (notarized), or an upper-level financial institution employee (notarized). The verifier must write “This is a true original copy of the diploma for (applicant’s full name)” on the copy, and include their name, title, phone, and email address on the copy.
The copy cannot be faxed or sent over email, it must be mailed to the graduate program.
Postal mail your transcripts directly from your institution to
Office of Graduate Admissions
Purdue University Graduate School
155 South Grant Street, Young 170
West Lafayette, IN 47907
You may check the status of your submitted application by logging in to your online application. The graduate program to which you applied will post updates your application status. If you have additional questions regarding your application status, you should contact the graduate program directly.