Communication and Leadership Courses
Purdue University’s online Graduate Certificate in Communication and Leadership will equip you with a strong understanding of corporate communication methods as you learn to apply them in leadership roles within your field. Students will take the two required courses and then choose two additional courses to complete the 12-credit-hour certificate. Courses are 8 weeks in length and are conducted asynchronously.
- COM 60111 – Seminar in Strategic Communication
- COM 65000 – Communication and Leadership
Elective Courses (choose one):
- COM 65100 – Organizational Culture and Internal Communication
- COM 65200 – Communication Training and Education
- COM 64400 – Personal Branding
- ENGT 50700 – Fundamentals of Collaborative Leadership and Agile Strategy
Shared Course Opportunities
In some cases, a course from another Purdue University college can be used as an elective toward the graduate certificate. Possible courses are listed below. Please discuss your interests in a shared course with an academic advisor.
- Public Health Administration (CSR 68700/PUBH 60400)
- Theoretical Foundations of Health Behavior (HK 57601/PUBH 60200)
- Design And Analysis of Public Health Interventions (HK 67500/PUBH 60600)
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology (HSCI 54700)
- Leadership in Hospitality and Tourism (HTM 51200)